8/11/2011

Lots of new fabrics... no good ideas...

I work in the center of Lisbon, to 2 minuts away from downtown by subway. Not a very good thing when you have a monthly ticket (here we call it a pass) and a very nice fabric store at 2 stops way.

So at lunch time when I'm stressed and need some distraction guess where do I go???

It's a very nice and big store (I have no pictures to show you, I'll make some next time I go there). There's always lefts of fabrics at very nice prices, and if you know how to look for and have enough patience, you'll definetly find a bargain.

With these facilities I have just more nice fabric than time and ideas to sew them.

Here's one of my last aquisitions (both in sales). A nice, and very big piece of white jersey fabric, and a small white with pink and blue stripes.


They are pretty but I realy don't know what to do with them. Would you go to the beach with a striped kaftan, or would you prefer to use the horizontal strips effect for a nice blouse without sleeves?

Take a look at these too... "jeans" fabric, and another one I bought because of it's vintage aspect. I love it an I'm thinking maybe it would be great for a blouse. They fit well together don't you think?


These 3 are very transparent and light. The blue one also look to me very vintage :) and I love the way it touches the skin. But so far I have no ideas for it.


This weekend is my last one before vacations, and I have some arrangements to do before I go. I'll refashion an old jeans to make a pair of shorts and do some other small things that still missing, but when I arrive I want to start a new sewing project.

By now I only have some vague ideas, maybe you can help me... Look forward to see the first comments to my new project.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how lovely to have a getaway so close to work though I hope your fabric closet will cope now that you are back to rags! I can't wait to see what you decide to do with these lovely fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, is the first one... I was already losing hope...
    I've returned from vacations last week and i'm still getting used to routine again. But I promisse to show you my projects soon.

    ReplyDelete